Affected by the CoronaVirus, with the consent of the Ministry of Education, the National Study Fund Management Committee will take the following measures to support the epidemic prevention and control work.
For the personnel to be dispatched
1. For those students who have been sent abroad for public study before June 30, 2020, if they cannot go as planned due to the epidemic situation, they need to apply for extension, change the unit or country of study abroad, and renounce their qualifications for public study abroad. According to the current pre-dispatch management process, the opinions of domestic units can be replaced by descriptions of overseas students who have obtained the unit’s consent or screenshots of exchanges such as WeChat and emails approved by the domestic unit.
2. Those who apply to abandon public study abroad due to the epidemic situation are not subject to the restriction that they cannot apply for national public study abroad within two years.
3. If you have completed the dispatch procedures and purchased an air ticket abroad, if you need to change your itinerary due to the epidemic situation, please contact the Overseas Study Service Center of the Ministry of Education or Shanghai and Guangzhou International Service Institutions to complete the procedures for change of visa or refund.
4. Domestic units of overseas students are requested to assist in follow-up related work.
For those who are planning to return
1. For those who have been sent to study abroad by the state before March 31 (tentative), if they need to apply for an extension to return to China due to the epidemic, they will be supported. The study period can be extended up to March 31 (tentative). Follow the current foreign management process. Among them, the opinions of domestic units can be replaced by explanations of overseas students who have obtained the unit’s consent or screenshots of exchanges of WeChat and emails approved by domestic units (if there is no domestic unit for studying abroad, there is no need to provide).
For foreign students who need the opinions of domestic units in other foreign management matters, they can refer to the implementation.
2. If you have purchased a return air ticket, if you need to change the itinerary due to the epidemic situation, please contact the Overseas Study Service Center of the Ministry of Education to assist in the process of changing the visa or refunding.
3. If you return to China due to an epidemic situation, during the extension period (not earlier than January 20, the longest tentatively until March 31), scholarship living expenses will be provided according to the current standards.
For personnel who intend to return to study abroad
If overseas students who are returning home during vacations, meetings, etc. in the country cannot return to the destination country due to the epidemic situation, it is recommended to properly communicate with overseas study units and arrange the return time. During the domestic period, the duration of study abroad is normally calculated, and the living expenses for scholarships are normally paid from January 20th to March 31st (tentative). If you do not return after March 31st, the study period will be suspended from April 1st, and the scholarship living expenses will be suspended. After returning to the destination country and reporting to your embassy or consulate, you will resume from the date of return.
The prevention and control of the epidemic is related to the physical health and life safety of each citizen. Please send public students from all over the country to pay close attention to the relevant domestic epidemic notification and prevention and control guidance through formal channels, pay attention to daily protection, and actively cooperate with relevant prevention and control measures at home and abroad. Let’s all work together to overcome the difficulties!
Songzi Li/ Editing Manager