Apply -> Review the application and resume -> Review sample piece -> Interview
Asian Campus Tribune (ACT) student reporters research and write stories for national, regional and local press including campus resources. They report on recent news and events, as well as on sports, arts and culture, science and business. They also cover local campus events, entertainment and human interest stories.
- Creating and uploading news content for the publication
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances
- Building a network of contacts to maintain a flow of news. For example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups such as student run organization
- Attending a range of relevant events, such as football matches, talent contests, etc.
- Working closely with the news team and editors
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to the newspaper’s style and it’s strict publication deadlines
College students and community members who are interested in writing news in and around following campuses: Northwestern University, University of Chicago, Art Institute of Chicago,
Illinois Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Purdue University, University of Delaware, U Penn, Temple University, Drexel University, University of the Sciences
- Major or minor in Communication, Journalism, and other media areas
- One article per month
- Participation in monthly online meeting
- Attending mandatory offline meetings as scheduled
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com